Advertisement

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar

Maping an SFTP or SCP server as a network drive in Windows

Yes, I've read this FAQ entry :-)
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/faq_map_drive

Hi Martin,
I love WinSCP's integration of PuTTY's Pageant and I got so used to it that I just don't want anything else.
When searching for a piece of software that would do what $subject says I found WebDrive and SftpDrive.
None of them uses Pageant. WebFTP is capable of using SSH keys but saves the pass phrase (!) which is something I definitely don't want. I haven't tried SftpDrive.

Now, I know it's not an easy task and you probably haven't got any more experience in this field since you wrote the FAQ entry but just out of curiosity - if I was willing to sponsor the development, how much would I have to pay to convince you to try? I expect you to say a sum that I will not want to pay but there's a saying "Kdo se nic nepta, nic se nedozvi" :-)

Petr 'PePa' Pavel

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Maping an SFTP or SCP server as a network drive in Windows

It's on TODO list. But there's no time. No amount of money can change that :-(

petr.pavel
Donor
petr.pavel avatar

Keep remote directory up to date as a replacement

Thanks for your answer. I perfectly understand.

I was thinking about your reply in FAQ where you said that I could use Keep remote directory up to date as a replacement.

The problem I'm having with this feature is that I don't want all the content in sync. I want only the files I will modify to upload.
The solution might be to obtain a list of all files within the watched area with timestamps. Then after WinSCP receives a change event it would compare actual directory listing against this list and upload only files with modified timestamps.
With this solution remote files can have any timestamps or content.

I understand that for you this is just another feature request that's facing the same time-related problem. Hopefully this could be done sooner than the mapping feature which is no doubt more complex.
In case you change your mind about the money please update this thread :-)

Petr 'PePa' Pavel

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum