Properties panel is broken in 3.2.1

Advertisement

Properties panel is broken in 3.2.1

I right-click on a folder and select properties.
I see the panel and want to change the permissions.
I highlight 644 and type 777.
Nothing happens, I cannot click on OK.
The only way to change permission is to manually click on checkboxes
but wait!
There are problems with the checkboxes too =)
I've tried to click on a couple at random to see if this was working.
It did not work.
Some boxes became greyed out, sometimes the number filed below became empty.

Looks like this panel is broken =/

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Properties panel is broken in 3.2.1

Anonymous wrote:

I right-click on a folder and select properties.
I see the panel and want to change the permissions.
I highlight 644 and type 777.
Nothing happens, I cannot click on OK.
Please note that other controls (checkboxes, button) gets updated only after the focus is moved out of the edit box (when you press "tab" key, click out of the box...). I admit that this may be confusing, I'll maybe change it, so that controls get updated also, when you enter all three digits.

There are problems with the checkboxes too =)
I've tried to click on a couple at random to see if this was working.
It did not work.
Some boxes became greyed out, sometimes the number filed below became empty.
I would say that by "greyed out" you mean "undetermined" state. This state can be selected only, if you select more than one file or directory. It means "leave the permission" as is for all selected files. If any on the checkboxes are in this state, the "octal" edit box is empty, because such a permission cannot be expressed in octal format.

Am I right?

I clicked outside of the text field and nothing happend. The OK button is still greyed out.

And about the undetermined state, I see what you mean, but this shouldn't happen if I only select one folder, right?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

I clicked outside of the text field and nothing happend. The OK button is still greyed out.
Well I might not have been exact. You cannot click anywhere outside, but on another control that can receive focus. Better is to press tab key. I'll improve this in next release.

And about the undetermined state, I see what you mean, but this shouldn't happen if I only select one folder, right?
No. Again I was not exact. The expression "more than one file or directory" should loook like "(more than one file) or directory", ie. "more than one file or at least one directory". Also you must check "Set group, owner and permissions recursively".
Why? Imagine the case that you want to add write permission to group to all files in certain directory. To do this, select the directory, turn all permissions to undetermined state (you may use "Leave as is" command from context menu) with exception of G/W.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum