Invalid access to memory - tunneling through multiple hops

Advertisement

flaute

Invalid access to memory - tunneling through multiple hops

Hi Martin,

perhaps this isn't a bug but just a feature request.
WinSCP 4.1.5 b410, WinSCP FAR Plugin 1.6.0 b138
Recently I have a configuration where I can only connect to the final destination host through 2 hops. I figured out that it can be done rather easily with setting the 2nd hop as the tunnel and setting a local proxy with a plink command line as follows:
plink.exe {1stHopIP} -ssh -l {1stHopUser} -pw {pw} -batch -nc {2ndHopIP}:{port}\n
In WinSCP it works like a charm, but while trying to use that saved session through the Far plugin, it does nothing just drops the "Invalid access to memory" error.

Could you suggest an another approach to this 2-hops tunneling configuration which should work also with the plugin?
Or do you plan to include this local proxy feature in the future version of the plugin?

Thanks

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Invalid access to memory - tunneling through multiple hops

flaute wrote:

Could you suggest an another approach to this 2-hops tunneling configuration which should work also with the plugin?
You can use tunnel functionality of the plugin for one of the hops.
Or do you plan to include this local proxy feature in the future version of the plugin?
I do. In few weeks.

flaute

Re: Invalid access to memory - tunneling through multiple hops

martin wrote:

flaute wrote:

You can use tunnel functionality of the plugin for one of the hops.
Yes, I'm using it yet to reach an another host through only one hop. (And this very 2-hop config works also with the tunnel function configured for the 2nd hop.)

I do. In few weeks.
Good news, thanks for the answer and for this great and continuous work with WinSCP and the plugin!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum