Scripting for WinSCP

Advertisement

WCW_BBC

Scripting for WinSCP

Hello! I'm new to WinSCP and I am considering using it to pull files from a remote Linux server onto a Windows application server but need to know if it has certain functionality.

(1) Can I script WinSCP to poll a directory at certain intervals and retrieve the latest file(s) from the remote server? If so can anyone give me an example of the switches I will need to use?

(2) Can WinSCP be run as a Windows Service or will it need some sort of wrapper to do this?

(3) I notice that by default the app seems to revert to SFTP. Is there a way to stop this happening rather than having to change it every time the app is started.

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Scripting for WinSCP

WCW_BBC wrote:

(1) Can I script WinSCP to poll a directory at certain intervals and retrieve the latest file(s) from the remote server? If so can anyone give me an example of the switches I will need to use?
No. you can use Windows scheduler for that. See FAQ.

(2) Can WinSCP be run as a Windows Service or will it need some sort of wrapper to do this?
No. you do not need that if you use the scheduler (which is service itself).

(3) I notice that by default the app seems to revert to SFTP. Is there a way to stop this happening rather than having to change it every time the app is started.
In you can override the defaults on login dialog.
Or you can specify protocol directly on command line using protocol prefix (e.g. ftp://server).

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum