Make sure file upload was successful by checksum comparison

Advertisement

winfan

Make sure file upload was successful by checksum comparison

Hello,

first thanks for this great piece of software.

I am using an automated Winscp script to upload files to a server with SFTP.
Can i force WinSCP to compare the local with the remote checksum(md5) (server supports it) to ensure the upload was correct? Or is this already part of the SFTP protocol? I hope you can help, as the documentation says that Winscp can retrieve checksums manually, but i found no info on doing this automatically.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Make sure file upload was successful by checksum comparison

WinSCP cannot do that automatically. However there's almost not chance the the file gets corrupted while transferring over SSH connection. It can happen only due to HDD failure on either side.

winfan

martin wrote:

WinSCP cannot do that automatically. However there's almost not chance the the file gets corrupted while transferring over SSH connection. It can happen only due to HDD failure on either side.

Hello Martin,
thanks for your reply. I already thought that SSH had such a transaction mechanism, but i found no documentation for that. Do you have any links where i can read how SSH ensures package integrity?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

winfan wrote:

thanks for your reply. I already thought that SSH had such a transaction mechanism, but i found no documentation for that. Do you have any links where i can read how SSH ensures package integrity?
I don't. Check SSH RFC :-)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum