"Windows - No Disk" error

Advertisement

chrisjones

"Windows - No Disk" error

I've been receiving this since going to 4.0.6:

Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x7592023C
0x87EADE2C 0x7592023C 0x7592023C

Rolled back to 4.0.4, and I still have the same error.

I can press Cancel twice and my site opens up fine, but I can't drag and drop.

Environment/Directories/Remember last used directory is not selected and both Remote and Local directories are empty.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

horatio

Windows - No Disk

Found this thread, but didn't see any follow-ups. Getting the same error message, which started a few days ago (not sure what brought it on) and upgrading from 4.1.3 to 4.1.6 didn't make it go away. It happens after connecting once I've punched in my password.

--------
Windows - No Disk
(X) Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 7c7df5f8 b359e118 7c7df5f8 7c7df5f8

[Cancel] [Try Again] [Continue]
--------

If I 'cancel' or 'continue' the app appears to behave normally, but I can't be 100% sure of that.

If it matters I'm running this on WinXP64 connecting to my macbook.

thanks!
Horatio

Advertisement

rdevries

windows -No Disk

I am getting this error on Windows Vista Home premium.

using freeSSHd 1.2.1 on windows 2003 server and winscp 4.17 on client.

when first logging into the server i get garbled message when trying to decrypt the key.

rdevries

Here is the error i am getting

It works ok on vista business but i am getting the same error on two vista Home premium systems.

Windows - No Disk

X Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 Parameters 0x756D92A0
0x00000004 0x756D92A0 0x756D92A0

thanks

rdevries

It is the install location??

I uninstalled, rebooted and then copied the installation to the local C drive. Reintstalled from there and the error is gone!!

the first install came from a flash drive.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: It is the install location??

rdevries wrote:

I uninstalled, rebooted and then copied the installation to the local C drive. Reintstalled from there and the error is gone!!

Can you reproduce the problem? E.g. by running WinSCP from flash drive again?

Advertisement

iPwn

martin wrote:

rdevries wrote:

May I get a copy of the debugger I got the exact same problem

iPwn

martin wrote:

rdevries wrote:

email me
<email_removed>

Norwegian

Re: "Windows - No Disk" error

martin wrote:

May I have an email contact to you, so I can send you a debug version?
Can you send me the Debug Version, because i am also experiencing the same problem . My e-mail address is Aaron_tan123@hotmail.com

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Norwegian wrote:

Can you send me the Debug Version, because i am also experiencing the same problem . My e-mail address is Aaron_tan123@hotmail.com
What version of WinSCP are you using?

Advertisement

Nowegian

martin wrote:

Norwegian wrote:

What version of WinSCP are you using?
I don't know how to do it .My is same as the last guy who ask you for the debug version .

andi m.

"no disk" error after updating from 4.21 to 4.22

Hi prikryl,

I am working a while now with WINSCP and it was always a pleasure.
I use the no-install standalone version with ini-file ( no registry ) on a Win XP pc.
Yesterday I downloaded the 4.22 standalone version and copied the old winscp421.ini to a winscp422.ini. Everytime since then when I start WINSCP I get the "no disk in drive e:" (which is my cd-rom).
Even switching back to winscp4.21 brings up the error, which never happend before I started winscp4.22 once.
I checked the startup with regmon & filemon and couldnt find anything.
Hopefully you can help me ?
If you wanna send a debug version: andi_mue (at) fantasymail.de

Thank you very much in advance :)

andi m.

more information about "no disk"

Sorry,

I forgot to give you some informations:

1. with a cd in drive e: the error is gone
2. I started winscp422.exe from cmdline with switch /log=log.txt but the logfile didnt show anything about e: (I can send you the file if needed)

Thanks again

Andi

wgmoore

I was getting this error message when starting a session that used the commander interface, but it was not a problem with winscp. It was a problem with my autoplay settings in XP.

While trying to troubleshoot, I noticed that when I looked at the CD drive in "My Computer", the CD would show the last label of the CD I had inserted - even when there was no CD there. If I used the disk manager to change the drive letter to something else and immediately changed it back to D:, the drive label would reset and winscp would run without the error.

I suspect that I created the problem when I ran a tweak utility to disable autoplay. I downloaded the autoplay repair wizard from Microsoft's web site. Then ran it a couple of times until all of the autoplay problems were repaired. Now when I eject the CD from the context menu or pressing the eject button on the drive, windows properly refreshes the drive letters. And I no longer get the "No Disk" error messages!

Microsoft's AutoPlay Repair Wizard
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Hope this helps...

Advertisement

I had the same issue with v4.1.9 only when using the registry to store my config on Win Vista Business 64bit. I traced the issue back to the temp dir settings. The error occurs when I used the "Use temporary directory of system" and then error went away when I switched to "Use this directory" and specified my user temp folder.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

I had the same issue with v4.1.9 only when using the registry to store my config on Win Vista Business 64bit. I traced the issue back to the temp dir settings. The error occurs when I used the "Use temporary directory of system" and then error went away when I switched to "Use this directory" and specified my user temp folder.
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

dandv

I experience the same problem with 4.2.4 and found a way to reproduce it on Windows XP:

1. Have a bunch of USB drives/SD cards plugged in, then launch WinSCP.
2. Suspend the Windows machine.
3. Remove the drives
4. Resume the Windows machine from sleep.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

dandv wrote:

I experience the same problem with 4.2.4 and found a way to reproduce it on Windows XP:

1. Have a bunch of USB drives/SD cards plugged in, then launch WinSCP.
2. Suspend the Windows machine.
3. Remove the drives
4. Resume the Windows machine from sleep.
I cannot reproduce the problem as described.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum