Inconsistent Behavior in Synchronize Feature

Advertisement

ManuChao

Inconsistent Behavior in Synchronize Feature

Hi there,

I was trying the Synchronize feature and came across some odd behavior, which I hope you can help explain.

Here is a brief description of what happened...

I had file "file1.txt" in the local file panel and "file2.txt" in the remote file panel. I then pressed Control-S to pull up the Synchronize dialog, I checked the "remote" radio button under "Direction/Target directory", and finally I checked the "Synchronize timestamps" radio button under "Mode". After that I clicked "Okay".

I got a pop-up window reading "no differences found". I then tried to replicate the this error by repeating the same steps above. I did get the error once more. Subsequently, I attempted the same operation but decided to check the "local" target directory instead. In this case I did not get the error message.

Given that the 2 files in question have different names one would not expect to get this error. Can you please explain why I would get such a message?

Thanks,

Manu

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Inconsistent Behavior in Synchronize Feature

It is not an error, it is a message.
And it is right. Synchronization of timestamps may work only over the same-named (existing) files. So if you have different files in opposite panels, it cannot find any files to perform the synchronization on. So it reports "no differences found". It should report the same for both directions. I'll check later why it does not for local direction.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum