Editor window won't open maximized

Advertisement

Nik

Editor window won't open maximized

Hi,

while WinSCP is getting better and better there's one thing that bugs me:
the internal editor always opens in "window mode" and not maximized, even if I maximize it and close it afterwards.

There's always a gap the size of the titlebar of the WinSCP main window above the editor window.
So often I click in the left upper corner area to close the editor and instead this brings the WinSCP main window to the front.

Maybe you could make WinSCP remember the size/state of the editor window when it was closed?

Advertisement

MrCleanX

I often times stretch the Internal Editor across 2 screens (to see long lines). It would be nice if the editor remembered that also.

Michael_D

Re: Editor window won't open maximized

There are still little Bugs:
- The window-size is not saved, and every new editor automatically stretches to the lower right corner of the screen.
- The screen-number (first or second screen) is not saved, and a new editor appears in the right position of the wrong screen.
- when a second window is opened on the second screen the window is stretched from top left to bottom right, but not in maximized mode. the problem is, that it is not positioned at 0,0 but something like -2,-2 or so which makes some pixel disappear in nirwana, including the pixel, where the cursor is placed, so you do not see, where you actually are.

Babak

Not solved yet

This issue with WinSCP bugs me too and it is not solved yet. What ever I do, the internal editor gets open in its original size and position.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Not solved yet

Babak wrote:

This issue with WinSCP bugs me too and it is not solved yet. What ever I do, the internal editor gets open in its original size and position.
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include a link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum