EAccessViolation?!

Advertisement

Sveni

EAccessViolation?!

I had in many directories an empty "index.html" and if I wanted to copy from local to my server I get the following error :

Copying files to remote site failed
EAccessViolation

What does this mean?!

CU Sveni ;-)

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: EAccessViolation?!

I have already several reports about this error. However I'm not able to reproduce the bugs on the server I have access to. Can you provide me a test account on your server?

I too have the same problem. Any file copy with 0 size fails. But interesting part is I have in one computer 3.4.2(B197) brand new install that works.
The Other computer which I upgraded, fails with above violation. I think it is something to with registry setting. I will delete the winscp section from registry and reinstall. Will let you know the result.
By the way thanks for the excellent product.
RavenII

hello prikryl,
Yes it did the trick, I uninstalled winscp3,and took out all the winscp2/winscp3 keys out of registry. Reinstalled it, I had saved my logins (copied winscp.ini) and put the ini back and it works like a charm(Like it used to). I just finished a session that failed earlier.
Thanks
:idea: RavenII

Advertisement

Chris

I have the most recent version, and I still get this problem.

I fresh installed the newest version available, and I still get the error when transferring files with a size of 0 bytes.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: RE: EAccessViolation

The latest version of WinsCP has bug in text (ASCII) mode transfers of empty files. It will be fixed in next version.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum