Cannot transfer files with SCP

Advertisement

Cannot transfer files with SCP

I just downloaded latest version of WinSCP, I connect to remote host (Linux running OpenSSH 3.1 with ssh protocol version 2) and can see the directory but when I try to download any file it times out. (I have to kill the program since it hangs)

I checked with pscp and downloaded a file just fine from the same host, WinSCP says I'm connected with SCP protocol and AES encryption, I changed the preferred ssh protocol version, compatibility options, ... but still the same.

What can I do to solve the problem?

Thanks.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Cannot transfer files with SCP

Make sure that you use bash shell. If not force it for WinSCP session on SCP tab of login dialog. Or use SFTP instead.

SCP hangin

Thanks for your reply, I've been looking for a way to generate the "winscp.log" but I can't find the option to log the connection (didn't find also any winscp.log file)

My shell is /bin/bash.

I should correct some of my previous affirmation, server is running:
SSH-2.0-3.1.0 SSH Secure Shell (non-commercial)

I can rename files, create dirs, everything OK except transfer, while trying to transfer if I log on the server I can see that scp is running under my uid but nothing happens , seems that there are some incompatibility problems but checking all the available options in WinSCP gave no result.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: SCP hangin

Thanks for your reply, I've been looking for a way to generate the "winscp.log" but I can't find the option to log the connection (didn't find also any winscp.log file)
See Logging tab on Login dialog.

My shell is /bin/bash.
Even if your default shell is /bin/bash already it sometimes help to set it again on SCP tab on Login dialog. Have you tried?

If it does not help, I again recommend you to try SFTP instead.

Re: SCP hangin

See Logging tab on Login dialog.

:roll: "Registro" (Spanish version) didn't know how I missed it, probably because I was more concerned with the failing transfers

If it does not help, I again recommend you to try SFTP instead

You're right, SFTP works. Nice to have it tested before I ever need to use it :)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum