Assertion failed: xdrPtr && xdrPtr == *xdrLPP, file xx.cpp, line 2233

Advertisement

blackcat

Hy. when I use scp and sftp from my winxp to the same linux server, uploading large files, I constantly get this message in the subject randomly while uploading. after this: abnormal program termination

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Assertion failed: xdrPtr && xdrPtr == *xdrLPP, file xx.cpp, line 2233

There is not such assertion in the application. Are you sure that you have posted the actual error message? Please use Ctrl+C to copy exact message and paste it to the post. Also what version of WinSCP are you using?

darcan

I have the same error.

---------------------------
WinSCP3.exe
OK

My OS: Win XP.
Uploading to linux.
WinSCP 3.5

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I'll look at it. But I have not idea yet what may cause this.

martin wrote:

I am getting this exact error as well.

Advertisement

Me 3 said the flea. the other i see continuosuly but it runs through it.

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>
<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

win2k

Anonymous wrote:

martin wrote:

I am getting this exact error as well.

GPHemsley

Yup, I'm getting the same error with the latest version.
Local OS: Windows XP Professional
Remote Host: projects.sourceforge.net
Error:
and after clicking OK:
Abnormal program termination

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

To all: Under what circumstances do you get the error? Is it also while uploading large files as "blackcat" reports?

martin wrote:

To all: Under what circumstances do you get the error? Is it also while uploading large files as "blackcat" reports?

Receiving the same error. Intermittent with any kind of folder/files to a Linux box. The error is consistent even if it occurs at differing times during transfer.

NOTE: Frustrated, I returned to using WinSCP 2 and had no further problems. I was unable to reproduce the problem transfering the same files to the same host. Delete the folder, and try again with WinSCP 3.5, and error returns.

What can I do to assist?

Richard Harmonson
MCSE/CNE/RHCE

Advertisement

In answer to your above question re: large files. I was transfering three files ranging from 1 to 3 mb. Nothing larger.

Richard Harmonson
MCSE/CNE/RHCE[/quote]

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

NOTE: Frustrated, I returned to using WinSCP 2 and had no further problems. I was unable to reproduce the problem transfering the same files to the same host. Delete the folder, and try again with WinSCP 3.5, and error returns.

What can I do to assist?
I would appreciate if you can try newer version (like 3.0) to determine when the problem was introduced. The error never happens to me so I have no idea what may cause this.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know.

martin wrote:

I would appreciate if you can try newer version (like 3.0) to determine when the problem was introduced. The error never happens to me so I have no idea what may cause this.

Thanks in advance. Please let me know.

Be happy to try WinSCP 3, but not seeing it as an available download. I may be going blind. Where?

I will test tonight and post results.

Richard Harmonson
richard at kinetotech dot com

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Be happy to try WinSCP 3, but not seeing it as an available download. I may be going blind. Where?
All old versions of WinSCP are on the Sourceforge download server. The link is on Downloads page.

Thanks in advance. If you are able to reproduce the bug easily, than I would ask you to try more versions to find one that introduced the bug. If it is not easy than try only 3.0 now. If it is fine, I'll try to suggest some other that may have been the first faulty.

Advertisement

Avenger

Thanks in advance. If you are able to reproduce the bug easily, than I would ask you to try more versions to find one that introduced the bug. If it is not easy than try only 3.0 now. If it is fine, I'll try to suggest some other that may have been the first faulty.

Desktop OS: WinXP with WinSCP 3.5.0
Server OS: Fedora Core 1

It is reproducable 100% for me if I try to upload 10 directories to an empty directory on the server. I am also getting "Null Pointer Termination" dialog boxes appearing at random times.

WinSCP 3.4.2 is currently uploading the same files to the same empty directory without any problems at all.

--Keith

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Avenger wrote:

It is reproducable 100% for me if I try to upload 10 directories to an empty directory on the server. I am also getting "Null Pointer Termination" dialog boxes appearing at random times.

WinSCP 3.4.2 is currently uploading the same files to the same empty directory without any problems at all.
Thanks!
This might help. I'm able to reproduce the error now. I need to try it in the evening at home with debugger. I hope it will be reproducible there to.

It also happens to me only with 3.5, not with 3.4.2 and mainly not with upcoming version of WinSCP (3.5.5).

If others can confirm that the error happens only with 3.5, I would appreciate it.

GPHemsley

martin wrote:

If others can confirm that the error happens only with 3.5, I would appreciate it.
The error did not occur with 3.4.2. :mrgreen:

Advertisement

martin wrote:

GPHemsley wrote:

Thanks! That's good. I believe that the bug is then releated to another problems introduced in 3.5 like
- Problem with 3.5 version
- V3.5 under w2k and wxp can't change to /cygdrive - access failure

So it will be fixed in the next release (in fact it is already).

Sorry for the delay, but once I had a working WinSCP, I was busy using it to complete a large migration.

WinSCP 3.4.2 worked perfectly. I moved over 250 gb without issue. Not a single error.

Thank you!

Richard Harmonson, CNE/MCSE/RHCE

iRex

assertion error fix

Can you tell us when the version with the fix will be available?

Thanks.

PS This is an incredible piece of software, even for a a "non-programmer"

martin wrote:

GPHemsley wrote:

Thanks! That's good. I believe that the bug is then releated to another problems introduced in 3.5 like
- Problem with 3.5 version
- V3.5 under w2k and wxp can't change to /cygdrive - access failure

So it will be fixed in the next release (in fact it is already).

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: assertion error fix

iRex wrote:

At the end of this week.

martin wrote:

iRex wrote:

At the end of this week.

Will that be WinSCP3 v.3.5.1?

David
getting same error

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

Will that be WinSCP3 v.3.5.1?
That will be 3.5.5. But I do not understand what difference it makes to you? :?:

me

access violation at address 0055bcf1 in module 'winscp3.exe'. read of address ff00000c

not sure if this is where to place this but I get the following error
access violation at address 0055bcf1 in module 'winscp3.exe'. read of address ff00000c

winscp3 ver 3.5 build 204 drag and dropped the folder with files in it to thhe remote location
scp/sftp root priveledges on remote and admin privledges on local
win 2k professional uploading to aa linux carton

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: access violation at address 0055bcf1 in module 'winscp3.exe'. read of address ff00000c

me wrote:

winscp3 ver 3.5 build 204 drag and dropped the folder with files in it to thhe remote location
scp/sftp root priveledges on remote and admin privledges on local
win 2k professional uploading to aa linux carton
Can you reproduce the error with the latest version (3.5.6)?

PollyVinylChloride

SFTP Problem...

Hi,

I've been evaluating the Java SSH Daemon which comes with an open-source package known as SSHTools. I've successfully logged into the daemon using Cygwin SSH and Putty. I've also successfully accessed the daemon's SFTP subsystem using the Cygwin SFTP client. However, although I can successfully authenticate to the Java daemon using WinSCP, I cannot proceed beyond that point. The session times out, every time. I have tried increasing the timeout interval without success.

I've logged both the WinSCP and Cygwin SFTP sessions, but as I'm ignorant of the protocol, the log doesn't mean that much to me.

There is a point at which something seems obviously to fail, and the following is an excerpt from the WinSCP log at this point:

. Doing startup conversation with host.
> Type: SSH_FXP_INIT, Size: 5, Number: -1
. Waiting for data timed out, asking user what to do.

If you have any suggestions as to how I might proceed, I would be most grateful.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: SFTP Problem...

PollyVinylChloride wrote:

. Doing startup conversation with host.
> Type: SSH_FXP_INIT, Size: 5, Number: -1
. Waiting for data timed out, asking user what to do.
First of all, try to enable logging on the SFTP server side, if the server allows it. Post the log.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: This Error Cropping up again

MichaelMR2 wrote:

I'm getting this exact error again, Version 4.3.2 :|
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

martin wrote:

MichaelMR2 wrote:

I'm getting this exact error again, Version 4.3.2 :|
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

For what it is worth, I just receive this error as well with v4.3.6; Trying the 5.0.5 Beta right now... This was on a 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 with a relative large file 75mb.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

For what it is worth, I just receive this error as well with v4.3.6; Trying the 5.0.5 Beta right now... This was on a 64-bit Windows 2008 R2 with a relative large file 75mb.
Please let us know results of your 5.0.5 test.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum