Daylight savings handling in 4.2.9

Advertisement

demeester

Daylight savings handling in 4.2.9

OK, so I know this is a tricky area due to the way that UNIX and Windows handle daylight savings, but I wonder if a recent change has altered something which was working.

I recently installed the latest winscp (and it was about the time daylight savings started here, but that is just adding to my confusion about whether this was a problem previously or recently introduced).

I installed Version 4.2.9 (Build 938), locally using Windows 7 64 bit, SFTP-3 protocol, commander interface, connecting to Red Hat Linux 2.6.18-92.1.18.el5

The timezone on the server is set to (Australian) Eastern Standard Time

In preferences I have selected "Adjust remote timestamp to local conventions" (although everything below is equally true if I say "adjust for DST" - the option to preserve remote timestamp is greyed out and unselectable, for some reason)

So my local Windows file has a timestamp of 14:51, and when I transfer it to the server it shows up on WINSCP as 13:51? - although if I list the file on the server using ls, it says 14:51...

If I try and use synchronise, it shows the file as needing synchronisation (comparing 14:51 to 13:51).

If anyone can tell me why winscp is not showing the remote file as 14:51, I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

p.s. I looked at the topic about timestamps - I am not able to choose the option of preserving remote timestamp....

Advertisement

demeester

Re: Daylight savings handling in 4.2.9

martin wrote:

I'll contact you soon.

Email sent with log file. Obviously, I can provide more info as required.

Ricardo
Donor
Ricardo avatar

Broken

Sorry Martin, but I think you broke it in 4.3.1.
My server is configured with the same timezone as my PC. Same clock time. We both are in DST.
All versions prior to 4.3.1 have displayed the same time for local and remote listings, using the default option "Adjust remote timestamp to local conventions".
Now, remote time is displayed with 1 hour added.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Broken

Ricardo wrote:

Sorry Martin, but I think you broke it in 4.3.1.
My server is configured with the same timezone as my PC. Same clock time. We both are in DST.
All versions prior to 4.3.1 have displayed the same time for local and remote listings, using the default option "Adjust remote timestamp to local conventions".
Now, remote time is displayed with 1 hour added.
I have sent you an email with debug version.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum