Move files between two remote hosts

Advertisement

larsen

Move files between two remote hosts

Hi,

at the moment, it is possible to copy files between two remote hosts by dragging them from one WinSCP window into the other. I tried to press Shift to move those files, but apparently this is not implemented yet.

Could you please consider implementing this?

Lars

Advertisement

liza

Two remote panes for same host/session

Drag and drop between to WinSCP instances is OK for different hosts. But I often move/copy/compare files between two directories on the same remote host. With two WinSCP instances, all these files have to be downloaded and uploaded again. It would be really nice if I could see two remote panes for the same session side by side and move/copy files between them. I know I can drag files onto the remote directory tree, but then I don't see where they land or what version of that file is already there.

It could also be two open sessions with the same host side by side, as long as it is smart enough to avoid the overhead of downloading to local and uploading again.

Re: Two remote panes for same host/session

liza wrote:

typo: Drag and drop between two WinSCP instances ...
A frequent use case for this is software upgrades. There are a lot of CGI apps that don't update themselves, and an upgrade always involves unpacking to a new directory and then copying over config and user files from the old installation.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Two remote panes for same host/session

Anonymous wrote:

A frequent use case for this is software upgrades. There are a lot of CGI apps that don't update themselves, and an upgrade always involves unpacking to a new directory and then copying over config and user files from the old installation.
I can understand your use case. Though WinSCP is still far from that.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum