winscp takes a long time to finish executing custom command

Advertisement

davidbollman

winscp takes a long time to finish executing custom command

Hi All,
I'm running winscp verion (4.3.2 build 1201), and examdiff 5.5 (5.5.1.0 32 bit version) - both were downloaded today incase the issue was resolved.

I've setup winscp to use a custom command to do a file compare using examdiff, however after I do a quick file compare and I close examdiff, the window
0% Executing Custom Command
remains on screen for upto 2 mins afterwards (though generally it is between 20s-60s). It looks like that it is the file transfer window; however the transfer must be complete because the contents are copied locally and are complete in examdiff. I'm not sure if examdiff is closing with a funny exit code (that winscp doens't detect) or what the underlying cause may be.

The custom command that I've setup in winscp is:
"C:\Program Files\ExamDiff Pro\ExamDiff.exe" "!^!" "!"

To help trouble shoot, you can get a trial version of examdiff, the site is: https://www.prestosoft.com/. I like it, it does a very nice job of code comparisons, and partial file copying.

Any help would be appreciated on this; if there is a tag I'm able to add after the custom command to not force it to wait until examdiff is done, (like & to execute in the background) that would be fine also, I just hadn't seen any in my looking yet.

I am connecting to the servers with sftp with scp fallback, using a server key if it helps.

Thanks very much,

David

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: winscp takes a long time to finish executing custom command

I'm using ExamDiff myself and I'm not having the problem.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

ruben

Same here

I have exactly the same problem, only my command is:
notepad++.exe "!" "!^!" (local command)

P.S. It happens only once and a while, not every time.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same here

ruben wrote:

I have exactly the same problem, only my command is:
notepad++.exe "!" "!^!" (local command)

P.S. It happens only once and a while, not every time.
Same answer, please see above.

Advertisement

neeraj bhartiya

taking time in completion while synchronize directories even file load is completed

hi,
we are using session.SynchronizeDirectories() function within .NET, during Synchronization file from source directory successfully downloaded at destination within very short time but execution not finished and take lot of time to finalize.
is there any reason behind this are we missing something?

a lot thanks!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: taking time in completion while synchronize directories even file load is completed

neeraj bhartiya wrote:

we are using session.SynchronizeDirectories() function within .NET, during Synchronization file from source directory successfully downloaded at destination within very short time but execution not finished and take lot of time to finalize.
is there any reason behind this are we missing something?
Please start a new thread and attach a full session and debug log files (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate the log files, set Session.SessionLogPath and Session.DebugLogPath. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the logs publicly, you can mark the attachments as private.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum