Drag n Drop on Network Drive

Advertisement

MaGa Deutschland

Drag n Drop on Network Drive

Hello,

I used often Drag n Drop operations with WinSCP. In Version 5.0.8 on Networkdrives delete WinSCP only the file. The file don't arrived in new (Sub)folder.

Advertisement

Fishnet_Ian

Drag and Drop Copy (Still) broken

Hi,

WinSCP version: 5.1.0 (Build 2625)

If I drag and drop from remote system to ROOT of a network drive (Win 2008 R2 server) everything is fine.

If I try the same but to any sub folder e.g. q:\test WinSCP hangs for around four minutes before showing the copy dialog.

Local system is Win 7, remote system CentOS 5.8.

I have attached a log (Debug Level 2) for the time (although there is not much in it apart from a gap in activity)

Regards

Ian
Description: Log file generated at time of problem

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Drag n Drop on Network Drive

MaGa Deutschland wrote:

I used often Drag n Drop operations with WinSCP. In Version 5.0.8 on Networkdrives delete WinSCP only the file. the file don't arrived in new (Sub)folder.
Sorry, I do not understand, what is the problem. Can you please try again?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Drag and Drop Copy (Still) broken

Fishnet_Ian wrote:

WinSCP version: 5.1.0 (Build 2625)

If I drag and drop from remote system to ROOT of a network drive (Win 2008 R2 server) everything is fine.

If I try the same but to any sub folder e.g. q:\test WinSCP hangs for around four minutes before showing the copy dialog.

Local system is Win 7, remote system CentOS 5.8.
Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Advertisement

I have this same exact problem, even with the latest version installed 5.1.

This is happening on Windows 7 x64 SP1 on three different systems I have.

I'm able to reproduce the issue by trying to drag and drop a file from FTP using Implicit SSL server and dragging into a mapped drive that is at least 3 folders deep. This is a new problem this week, the only change I can think of is that we recently moved the file share they're copying to from Server 2003 to Server 2008 R2. I have verified that the permissions on the share are correct.

You know the problem has occurred right away when you drag and drop you never get the copy dialog box and the application completely freezes. Drag and drop to a local folder works fine.

Can you please assist?

techsupport2012

My post is the previous one, for some reason I was not logged in.

I have this same exact problem, even with the latest version installed 5.1.

This is happening on Windows 7 x64 SP1 on three different systems I have.

I'm able to reproduce the issue by trying to drag and drop a file from FTP using Implicit SSL server and dragging into a mapped drive that is at least 3 folders deep. This is a new problem this week, the only change I can think of is that we recently moved the file share they're copying to from Server 2003 to Server 2008 R2. I have verified that the permissions on the share are correct.

You know the problem has occurred right away when you drag and drop you never get the copy dialog box and the application completely freezes. Drag and drop to a local folder works fine.

Can you please assist?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

techsupport2012 wrote:

The versions I have found this issue with is 4.3.5, 4.3.7 and 5.1. Anyone have an update for this issue?
Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum