2 Questions Please

Advertisement

shagger1

2 Questions Please

Hi
1-does the program require net framework to be installed?

2-when transfering files to my site is there a button on the interface to send the files(like a right arrow)similar to core ftp-or do you just drag the file to the left?

Also is your program hard to use-I use core ftp now and it is simple,I like simple things!

Thanks
Rod

Advertisement

Simba
Donor

Hello,

1. I believe not.
2. There are buttons at the top, but faster just use drag and drop.

It's simple to use, but you need to get familiar with it.
It is different from CuteFTP or Filezilla. Make sure you choose FTP not SFTP when creating new Sessions, unless you know that server has SSH access.

shagger1

Thanks Simba
when you mean creating new sessions-do you have to do that each time or can you just connect to the website,my site does not use SFTP or the other-so I just create a site profile with all my passwords and stuff then just connect to my server and it is that easy?I need easy as I have a problem with complicated programs!
I your program in the portable apps version.
Thanks
Rod

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

shagger1 wrote:

Thanks Simba
when you mean creating new sessions-do you have to do that each time or can you just connect to the website,my site does not use SFTP or the other-so I just create a site profile with all my passwords and stuff then just connect to my server and it is that easy?I need easy as I have a problem with complicated programs!
You can save your site profile (known as "stored session" in WinSCP):
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/session_configuration#site

I your program in the portable apps version.
WinSCP is portable:
https://winscp.net/eng/docs/portable

Advertisement

shagger1

You are welcome Martin!
I cant try the program yet as my web server changed something and I lost1/3 of my website!So I am still using an old version of coreftp-I thought computers were supposed to be fun! <grin>
Rod

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum