Command history for every session

Advertisement

ks
Donor

Command history for every session

Hello.
WinSCP stores one common Command history for all sessions (in registry). But a command executed in one session most often doesn't make sense in another session (on a different server with a different directory structure). Can every session have its own Command history?
Probably it should be controlled by an option. I'm not sure what others want in this respect.

Advertisement

ks
Donor

Thank you.

That will not be difficult to implement, except maybe the migration point when WinSCP is updated, in which case I guess it makes sense for every existing session to simply inherit the common history, which will provide the usual behavior, for a while, and then every session will start developing its own history, gradually replacing the common inherited part.

By inheriting the common history I mean make a copy of it to every session's registry branch, or - as in that case the total registry data size might turn out to be too big - the data can be moved to a dedicated file as well. Even if the file is lost, it's not critical, just a history of commands.

In the case when WinSCP stores its settings in a file already, the solution is analogous.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum