Automation using Bat/Script via Window server 2012 Scheduler

Advertisement

cunning

Automation using Bat/Script via Window server 2012 Scheduler

I have used INI method in WINSCP..
When i try to manually run the batch file where Pageant is on system tray. Connection is fine. it does not ask me any password or phrase.
But when i try to run it via Task Scheduler it does not check pageant and ask me for password. DO you have any idea about it please let me know!

Advertisement

cunning

Re: Automation using Bat/Script via Window server 2012 Scheduler

I don't think it solves the issue. My question is why it does authenticate with Pageant when i run Batch file manually but not from windows Scheduler??
Have anybody tried it?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

cunning wrote:

I don't think it solves the issue. My question is why it does authenticate with Pageant when i run Batch file manually but not from windows Scheduler??
Have anybody tried it?
Because the pageant needs to run in the same Windows session as WinSCP. Pageant is really not intended for automation.

cunning

Actually it was Pass Phrase issue on Privatekey. Is is possible to pass through phrase in script file?
I have to remove Pass phrase to resolve the issue!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

cunning wrote:

Actually it was Pass Phrase issue on Privatekey. Is is possible to pass through phrase in script file?
I have to remove Pass phrase to resolve the issue!
This request is being tracked already:
https://winscp.net/tracker/816

miro_ilias

cunning wrote:

Have anybody tried it?

I have the same problem - Windows 7 scheduler can not authenticate with Pageant, only from batch file manually.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Same Issue...

jdantzler wrote:

I am having the same issue. It would be great if we can come up with a solution to this problem.
Solution is in my very first response above.

Advertisement

jwd41190

martin wrote:

jdantzler wrote:

I am having the same issue. It would be great if we can come up with a solution to this problem.
Solution is in my very first response above.

Still does not work even without a passphrase...Thanks

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

jwd41190 wrote:

Still does not work even without a passphrase...Thanks
Please attach a full log file showing the problem (using the latest version of WinSCP).

To generate log file, use /log=path_to_log_file command-line argument. Submit the log with your post as an attachment. Note that passwords and passphrases not stored in the log. You may want to remove other data you consider sensitive though, such as host names, IP addresses, account names or file names (unless they are relevant to the problem). If you do not want to post the log publicly, you may email it to me. You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile. Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have emailed the log.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum