Two suggestions regarding the "loggging in" log popping up

Advertisement

oliverfr

Two suggestions regarding the "loggging in" log popping up

Hello ! I hope I'm not noisy, adding one suggestion per week !

I came to talk of a feature that could be changed to improve the user's productivity (I'm with the stable release, version 5.1.7 build 3446), and a minor bug report associated with it.

I'm concerned with that log of what's happening during the logging in to a server, that pops up when we're connecting to a server, please see the attached image.

- (1)

I was confronted to that problem yesterday, a server had trouble responding fast, and winscp took forever to manage to login to that server. Not the program's fault, okay.
But, still, the problem remained, the logging in window remained on top of the program and prevented me from doing anything at all in the program all the while.

My suggestion would be to disallow this logging in window to keep the focus all for herself, and to allow the users to still be doing something in the other sessions.
For instance : when we initiate logging in to a new session, a new tab in the name of that session is immediately created, and the logging in window pops up. We, the users, would be able to click in the tabs for the other sessions, and if we click in those tabs for another session, the logging in window would disappear. that window would actually only appear on top while we're in the (tab of the) new session in-progress logging in.

That would be a small improvement, however I'm afraid that might be an actual coding hell :-/

- (2)

I also noticed a mistake in the French language, to say the session has started, it writes "Seesion démarrée" instead of "Session démarrée". See, Seesion VS Session :)

Well, that's it for this week, sorry to come back with posts like that :)
Kind regards,
Oliver

winscp.jpg

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Two suggestions regarding the "loggging in" log popping up

oliverfr wrote:

That would be a small improvement, however I'm afraid that might be an actual coding hell :-/
That's correct (does not mean I do not agree with your suggestion).

I also noticed a mistake in the French language, to say the session has started, it writes "Seesion démarrée" instead of "Session démarrée". See, Seesion VS Session :)
Will ask French translator to fix this.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum