Allow to specify a path for the WinSCP.ini

Advertisement

mmo

Allow to specify a path for the WinSCP.ini

Hi, I am regularly using WinSCP on different systems. What I find tedious is, that I can not share the settings between them. The registry obviously cannot be shared but also the WinSCP.ini file is put into the Program Files folder (which is not shareable, either, and where it really should NOT sit since it is not writable by normal processes since Win Vista)

WinSCP is already half way there. If only it would allow to specify a path where to store the WinSCP.ini file, then once could place that file into some "cloud folder" (using DropBox or SkyDrive or whatever) and could thus share the settings between several machines. I am doing that with several other tools already and that greatly improved my user experience!

Michael

Advertisement

drooh

Is there a way to set the config path permanently? From what I can see here I would have to use a batch file everytime to open winscp?

Clava

That bug mentions writing the INI file to user's profile. What about being able to permanently move it to a new folder, I'd like to be able to sync sites and settings between computers via dropbox.

Many thanks! Love this program!

Advertisement

stAn99

accounts stored in cloud

would be nice if the accounts could be stored on a cloud, or at custom FTP and https username authentication.

stan

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum