Imported sessions not recognized after move into folder

Advertisement

hpreusse

Imported sessions not recognized after move into folder

I'm pretty sure this is an FAQ. I'm using the import function of winscp to import defined sessions from putty. After this has been done I create a sub-folder in the "Stored Session" list and move the imported sessions into an appropriate sub-folder. When I now re-open the import dialogue box winscp doesn't seem to recognize that the session has just been imported; the check box which marks all not yet imported is selected for the sessions just created (and moved into a sub-folder).

Any ideas? Thanks!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Imported sessions not recognized after move into folder

WinSCP matches the stored sessions/sites by it's name, where a folder name is part of the stored session/site name.

hpreusse

martin wrote:

WinSCP matches the stored sessions/sites by it's name, where a folder name is part of the stored session/site name.

Yes, looks that like. Any chance to have that changed?

Many thanks,
Hilmar

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

hpreusse wrote:

Yes, looks that like. Any chance to have that changed?
Let's see if more people ask for this.

hpreusse

martin wrote:

Let's see if more people ask for this.

Posted a new topic into the forum "feature requests". Hope this was OK.

Advertisement

Leora45

Hi hpreusse,

I'm not sure if I fully understood the goal of this request.

Is this request for importing different sessions from other clients, like PuTTY or FileZilla, to WinSCP and than this sessions to be recognized by WinSCP ?

Cheers,
Leora
Last edited by Leora45 on 2015-01-06 16:33; edited 2 times in total

Leora45 wrote:

I'm not sure if I fully understood the goal of this request.

Is this request for importing different sessions from other clients, like PuTTY or FileZilla, to WinSCP and than this sessions to be recognized by WinSCP?

No, this is to recognize sessions which have been imported from putty after they have moved into a subdir in winscp. Can be reproduced easy:

1. Import a session into winscp from putty.
2. Try to re-import it (you'll see that the import tool does not select it by itself, b/c it has been imported already). -> Good
3. No create a subdir in the session list an move the imported session into that subdir.
4. Repeat step #2. You'll notice that the imported session is not recognized and is selected again.

Hilmar

Emma7123

Ah, this was the problem that i've been having since yesterday, thanks i just got it sorted there by doing as you mentioned - Lifesaver :D

Emma

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum