File is used by another program - WinSCP cannot copy a file

Advertisement

Damian

File is used by another program - WinSCP cannot copy a file

Hello,
I have a following problem. I set a option "Commands"-> "Keep Remote Directory Up To Date". There are copied many files every few minutes but sometimes WinSCP stops only when trying to copy a larger file (around 7 MBytes).

From attached screenshot you can read that "Process cannot access the file because it is used by another program". I'm sure this another program uses this file only to copy it to a location on my hard disk. After that this file should be copied to a SSH server through SCP connection but it fails.

Maybe if WinSCP automatically resumed copying or waited a moment until the file is full copied, the problem would be solved for me. But now program stops and no more files can be copied to the server until I manually click the Retry button.

Hope there will be any solution to my problem in this forum.

WinSCP version: 5.5.6 (Build 4746) - in earlier versions the problem also occurred
Operating system Windows 7 32 bit SP1
Interface style used: Explorer

2014.11.17 Błąd WinSCP prszy kopiowaniu pliku gpp - en.jpg

Advertisement

Damian

Re: File is used by another program - WinSCP cannot copy a file

OK, thanks. Part of my problem is resolved. I'll try the new version.

Is there any possibility to automatically retry copying the file in future WinSCP versions?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: File is used by another program - WinSCP cannot copy a file

Damian wrote:

Is there any possibility to automatically retry copying the file in future WinSCP versions?
Will consider that.

TylerT

Retry # times on synchronize/put/get

Yes, I very much need the feature to set the option to retry a file transfer that had problems (but connection is not dropped), such as the "file in use" message.

Just like robocopy, please create batch options for retry # times and wait # secs between each retry.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum