stop all confirmations?

Advertisement

boody

stop all confirmations?

Can I stop all confirmations? I don't want to have to OK drag and drops nor 'keep remote dir up to date' updates. I'd just like to have it operate silently in the background updating the dir without me having to confirm everytime I save a file (triggering a transfer).

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: stop all confirmations?

boody wrote:

Can I stop all confirmations? I don't want to have to OK drag and drops
See "Drag & drop operations" in Confirmations section of Preferences window. Unfortunatelly, there is bug, making WinSCP to ignore option sometime. It will be fixed in the next release.
... nor 'keep remote dir up to date' updates.
What confirmations do you mean here?

martin wrote:

boody wrote:

Can I stop all confirmations? I don't want to have to OK drag and drops
See "Drag & drop operations" in Confirmations section of Preferences window. Unfortunatelly, there is bug, making WinSCP to ignore option sometime. It will be fixed in the next release.

... nor 'keep remote dir up to date' updates.
What confirmations do you mean here?

Drag & drop (remote -> local) gives no prompt, but the reverse always prompts.

As for the other, here's the scenario:
Using feature "Keep remote directory up to date" with all options unchecked EXCEPT 'existing files only' and (more importantly) 'no confirmations', whenever I change as a local file in the working directory which (correctly) triggers a transfer to remote, the confirm window pops up to 'Yes' 'No' the transfer. What more info do you need?

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

This is probably the bug I've mentioned. It will be fixed in the next release.

Using feature "Keep remote directory up to date" with all options unchecked EXCEPT 'existing files only' and (more importantly) 'no confirmations', whenever I change as a local file in the working directory which (correctly) triggers a transfer to remote, the confirm window pops up to 'Yes' 'No' the transfer. What more info do you need?
I need the message text. I have no idea what yes/no message you refere to. Maybe you can post a log file.
Last edited by martin on 2004-10-04; edited 1 time in total

martin wrote:

This is probably the bug I've mentioned. It will be fixed in the next release.

I need the message text. I have no idea what yes/no message you refere to. Maybe you can post a log file.

Same scenario above - I save a file in the dir that's being kept up to date, upon saving the file (which changes it's date and triggers a transfer to remote dir) a window pops up:
Title: Confirm
Contents:
1 new or changed file(s) in local directory 'c:\Documents and ...'(shortened) were found. Ther will be uploaded to remote directory '/blah...'. Continue?
in an inset window with disabled scroll bars is the full path to the local changed file
at the bottom of the window are 3 buttons:
[Yes] [No] [<< Less]

Does that explain it?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I understand finally :-) That's definitely bug. You have probably used the "synchronize" function in past. It has option "preview changes", you probably turned it on and saved the preference. While it should not, the preference has effect on "keep up to date" function as well. I'll fix it in the next release.

As workaround, turn off the option for synchronize function.

Thanks for your patience :-)

martin wrote:

I understand finally :-) That's definitely bug. You have probably used the "synchronize" function in past. It has option "preview changes", you probably turned it on and saved the preference. While it should not, the preference has effect on "keep up to date" function as well. I'll fix it in the next release.

As workaround, turn off the option for synchronize function.

Thanks for your patience :-)

Yes, I did tinker with that once, and yes now that I've turned off preview.....works like a charm! Thanks so much!

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum