BugReport: invalid handle when copying by drag&drop + lock workstation

Advertisement

_frank_

BugReport: invalid handle when copying by drag&drop + lock workstation

Hi,
if i use Drag & Drop to copy a file from winSCP to any folder and lock my workstation (winXP) the download is aborted with a messagebox "invalid handle" and no more drag&drop is possible.
if i use the copy-form (setting the target-dir in a edit-box) the download stays still alive.
can you please fix this error?

greets Frank from germany

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: BugReport: invalid handle when copying by drag&drop + lock workstation

I'll try to reproduce the problem. If I do not succeed, I'll ask you for further details.
Currently I would like to know what mode of drag&drop downloads do you use (shell extension vs. temporary folder). See drag&drop tab of Preferences dialog.

_frank_

martin wrote:

I'll try to reproduce the problem. If I do not succeed, I'll ask you for further details.
Currently I would like to know what mode of drag&drop downloads do you use (shell extension vs. temporary folder). See drag&drop tab of Preferences dialog.

hi
i simply drag the file out of the filelist f.e. to my desktop. the Drag&Drop mode is "Use temporary Folder" and the other radiobutton is disabled (i can't use the other option, i don't know why...). the checkboxes are all checked. i think, you try to get the Drop-Target, when file is downloaded to the temporary folder. If the Workstation is locked when the download is finished, the desktop handle is invalid. to solve the problem i would try to get the drop-target in the drop-moment (before copying the file to temporary folder)

greets frank

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

If I were able to get drop target at all, I would not download the file to temporary folder first :-) You may read F.A.Q. or search the forum for another posts on topic to find out more.

Anyway, can you try to use the other mode for d&d download? To enable it, you should do full installation of WinSCP (and restart afterwards). Please, let me know whether it changes anything.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum