Problems with unattended installation

Advertisement

dansou901

Problems with unattended installation

Hi,

I've got trouble with the unattended install. We're rolling out WinSCP using SCCM (version 2012), which works fine. Problem is, the settings I set in setup.inf won't get used by the installer (I do include /LOADINF="setup.inf" as install command together with /VERYSILENT). We're installing on Windows 7. Any ideas why for example the language doesn't get set or I can't tell the installer to set up WinSCP to not check for updates?

Thanks for your work!

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Problems with unattended installation

Can you provide us more details?

What does it mean "language doesn't get set"?

Regarding updates: The installer only ever enables the updates (they are disabled by default). So what actually happens? Are they enabled even if you do not want them too? Or are they not disabled, when enabled previously?

dansou901

If I set LANG=de in setup.inf, language is still English after installation (with loading setup.inf of course).
Regarding Updates: I can't find a setting in setup.inf that allows me to disable updates. I can set it during manual installation, but I can't during unattended installation with SCCM. I don't want WinSCP to check for updates itself, I'm doing that manually and am updating the package manually as well.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

dansou901 wrote:

If I set LANG=de in setup.inf, language is still English after installation (with loading setup.inf of course).
You also have to install the language file. Only if you install a language file identical to the selected setup language, the installer with make it the GUI language. So in addition to Lang=de also set:

Components=main,shellext,pageant,puttygen,transl,transl\eng,transl\de

Regarding Updates: I can't find a setting in setup.inf that allows me to disable updates. I can set it during manual installation, but I can't during unattended installation with SCCM. I don't want WinSCP to check for updates itself, I'm doing that manually and am updating the package manually as well.
Again, there's no such setting. The installer can only enable the checking for updates. It cannot disable it. The checking is disabled by default. So on fresh install, if you do not select an enableupdates task, the checking will be disabled. But if you ever enable it, there's no way to disable it with the installer. It can be disabled in GUI only.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum