repeated crashing when uploading large files: assertion failed

Advertisement

mo

repeated crashing when uploading large files: assertion failed

WinSCP 3.7.1 on Windows XP Pro connecting to OpenSSH 3.6.1p1 (Mach OS X), WinSCP crashes repeatedly when transferring large (>500MB) files. This happens in both sftp and scp mode. Before it crashes it says this:

Assertion failed: xdrPtr && xdrPtr == *

and then it died before I could read the rest of the error message, including the line number ;(

Advertisement

Re: repeated crashing when uploading large files: assertion failed

mo wrote:

WinSCP 3.7.1 on Windows XP Pro connecting to OpenSSH 3.6.1p1 (Mach OS X), WinSCP crashes repeatedly when transferring large (>500MB) files. This happens in both sftp and scp mode. Before it crashes it says this:

Assertion failed: xdrPtr && xdrPtr == *

and then it died before I could read the rest of the error message, including the line number ;(

Same for WinSCP 3.7.1 (Build 257) on W2K/SP4 - serious problem.

did some tests. uploading two large files at the same time: problem occurs. uploading a single large file: no problem.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

did some tests. uploading two large files at the same time: problem occurs. uploading a single large file: no problem.
How large were the files?

Advertisement

ham

martin wrote:

How large were the files?
about 700 MB

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

I have tried to reproduce the problem, but it doesn't happen to me. Maybe there are some special circumstances. Can you give me step-by-step instructions to follow to reproduce the problem? Thanks.

ham again

martin wrote:

I have tried to reproduce the problem, but it doesn't happen to me. Maybe there are some special circumstances. Can you give me step-by-step instructions to follow to reproduce the problem? Thanks.

tested it again and again: no problems any more with large files :-) - I must have been blind ... my client is guilty.

... and sorry for my delayed answer.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum