Unable to see mapped network drives in Windows 7

Advertisement

Unable to see mapped network drives in Windows 7

My new install of WinSCP 5.7.7 (Build 6257) on a new Windows 7 desktop box (Lenovo) does not include Drive D: in the left-hand (Commander, local drive) panel drop-down. This drive letter is mapped to a network resource (Linux Samba share) which works perfectly in Windows (and previously worked also in WinSCP on WinXP).

It appears that all locally-connected drives are being displayed in this list (even an encrypted partition running through a TrueCrypt driver is there) but not network shares. Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks
C

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Unable to see mapped network drives in Windows 7

Thanks for your report. Can you post a screenshot of both WinSCP and Windows Explorer? Can you do D: on command-line (= in cmd.exe)?

cbfuk

Hi prikryl, appreciate the quick reply. Screenshots attached. Yes, D: is available in all other situations, including CMD. It's only WinSCP which seems to dislike it! A NET USE command lists the Drive D map ok.

Just to make sure it isn't anything odd about the specific share, I mapped another share (on a different server). WinSCP doesn't list it either. Is it something to do with the WinAPI call you use to get the drive list?

Cheers
Colin
Last edited by cbfuk on 2016-06-09 08:00; edited 1 time in total

Description: WinSCP screenshot of drive select dropdown

WinSCP screenshot.png

Description: Windoze Explorer screenshot of drives

Winexplorer screenshot.png

Tim P

Restart of WinSCP Fixed the problem

In my case, I had just done an install of a new version (5.7.7) of WinSCP. After the install it started automatically and it showed no network drives. I shut it down and restarted it and all the drives showed up and were accessable.

Incidentally the install also appears to have fixed a problem with the old version which prevented me uploading from the FTP site to the local network drive.

Advertisement

cbfuk

Re: Restart of WinSCP Fixed the problem

Interesting, thanks for the info. Unfortunately mine is more stubborn - several system restarts later, the problem is still there.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

@cbfuk: Thanks for the screenshots.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to the address you have used to register on this forum.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum