Clipboard Integration

Advertisement

nap

Clipboard Integration

Hi, as this is my first post here, I would like to say thank you for a great tool which is my favourite in this category.

I would like to suggest the implementation of clipboard integration between Windows Explorer and WinSCP.
In order to keep my sanity, I like to keep the local version of my remote files organised and make extensive use of the synchronize function in WinSCP.

What would be a nice feature is to be able to copy (ctrl-c) a file in Windows Explorer, and then paste (ctrl-v) it into the left window of WinSCP. At the moment, I need to perform a lot of navigation steps in a secondary Windows Explorer in order to move a new file I'm working on into the right folder which will then allow me to upload it using WinSCP. On many, countless actually, occasions I have wished that I could simply switch to the WinSCP window and press ctrl-v. Being able to copy from WinSCP would be nice too, but the paste would be awesome.

The ability to copy from one session (LHS local WinSCP window) and paste into session would also be very useful. This would allow me to move files around more easily when dealing with multiple remote systems.

Cheers and thanks,
Nap

Advertisement

nap

Thanks for taking a look Martin.

Yes, I realised, after I posted that I could use ctrl-v to paste into the window. Previously I had only tried using the right click approach, which does not show a 'paste' option.

However, I cannot copy from the window, for example if I want to copy a file from one session window into another. (Note that I tend to use the synchronisation function for each session I have.)

While I have your attention, there are a couple issues which you may or may not be aware of:
1) When selecting multiple files, the first file selected isn't highlighted, thus I need to return to the first file after selecting the others.
2) Once selected, this version and the previous have an issue with de-selecting a selected file. Clicking on it does not remove the blue highlight.
3) When cancelling a login attempt, for example the IP can't be reached, it takes a really long time before WinSCP returns to the session selection window.

I can post these issues in another thread if you prefer.

Cheers,
Nap

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

nap wrote:

1) When selecting multiple files, the first file selected isn't highlighted, thus I need to return to the first file after selecting the others.
2) Once selected, this version and the previous have an issue with de-selecting a selected file. Clicking on it does not remove the blue highlight.
Please provide us with step-by-step instructions to reproduce these two problems.

Hi Martin,

I've recorded a video that demonstrates the problem and posted it to my server: https://abms.net.au/public/WinSCP_FileSelection_Problem.mp4

Initially I clicked on Plag1.pdf (but it was not hightlighted in blue).
Then I click on the other Plag#.pdf files while holding the ctrl key down and they are selected, but Plag1.pdf was still not.
After selecting #2 to #6, I click in the free space a few times, and that does not de-select the files. After a couple clicks, #6 is de-selected.
In order to clear my selection, I need to change to another folder and then return.

Cheers,
Nap

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum