Command failed with return code 127.

Advertisement

Federico

Command failed with return code 127.

Hi,
I can connect from my win 2000 client to Linux (redhat) and Solaris without any problems using ssh2 and AES. On Solaris any operation is file (copy, delete, browse).
On Linux instead, when I try to drag a file to my windows desktop I get this:

"Command failed with return code 127."
"cannot copy file: cannot read from the source file or disk"

The remote files belong to the same user I log in.. so I do not understand. I checked the file permissions and they are fine. Any idea??

Advertisement

mastermind

Re: Command failed with return code 255

I also encountered a similar error trying to transfer remote files from Solaris 2.6 running SSH2 to my local Windows 2000 laptop - error messages = Command failed with return code 255. / Cannot copy file: Cannot read from the source file or disk.
Looks like all permissions are 777 inside /tmp on these files and cannot figure out what's wrong with my configuration. Any ideas / pointers / help would be great.

Thanks,
Toby

Federico wrote:

Hi,
I can connect from my win 2000 client to Linux (redhat) and Solaris without any problems using ssh2 and AES. On Solaris any operation is file (copy, delete, browse).

The remote files belong to the same user I log in.. so I do not understand. I checked the file permissions and they are fine. Any idea??

jsragman

Re: Command failed with return code 127.

On my RH9 box, the problem was that I did not have the openssh-clients package installed.

Federico wrote:

Hi,

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Command failed with return code 127.

jsragman wrote:

On my RH9 box, the problem was that I did not have the openssh-clients package installed.
Yes, this is usually the reason for these types of errors.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum