WinSCP and PASV

Advertisement

jgnasser

WinSCP and PASV

I have trouble connecting to FTP sites using WinSCP. I am behing an iptables firewall and I use masquerading. I was adviced to turn on PASV in my FTP client but cant see that option in WinSCP. This is the error I get after connecting.

Received too large (1399350636 B) SFTP packet. Max supported packet size is 102400 B.

The error is typically caused by message printed from startup script (like .profile). The message may start with "Shel".

Advertisement

Re: Is there a way to use PASV

guest wrote:

I am trying to find a way to use the PASV command. How do I issue this command?

Sorry, I should have been more verbose -

I am wanting to use the scripting functions, and need to connect to a remote ftp server, and pull down certain files each day.

evidently, they require the use of PASV. Trying to get files with a wildcard pattern seems to timeout, and lose connection. Moreover, attempting 'ls' causes same behaviour. Only feedback from remote server is 'Consider using PASV' then terminates connection.

I can see in the GUI where I can specify using PASV for a predefined session, and this works ok. I just need to figure out how to specify using PASV in a scripted session. My apologies if it exists within this site, but have not found it yet. Any guidance greatly appreciated!

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Is there a way to use PASV

guest wrote:

I just need to figure out how to specify using PASV in a scripted session.
Please read FAQ.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum