MDI Interface flag

Advertisement

toddev

MDI Interface flag

I know there is currently a setting where you can tell winscp that a MDI editor is being used, but it doesn't seem to always work right. I understand that winscp thinks the file is closed and removes the temp file when the instance of the editor it opens in closes.

Can we have an option to disable this? So it just leaves it open and continues to monitor it so saves ans such still work. I understand that this could lead to a fill up of temp files - could winscp just give a warning when it is out of temp files to open and possibly just remove them on exit from winscp?

Great product by the way! Just hoping to use it in an MDI interface.

Thanks!

-Todd

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: MDI Interface flag

toddev wrote:

Can we have an option to disable this? So it just leaves it open and continues to monitor it so saves ans such still work. I understand that this could lead to a fill up of temp files - could winscp just give a warning when it is out of temp files to open and possibly just remove them on exit from winscp?
That's exactly what the "MDI flag" does. So you need to tell me first what does not work for you.

toddev

I'm using Crimson Editor. I set the MDI flag in WinSCP and connect via SCP to a server. I open one file and work. When I save that file evereything works fine. I then open additional files (in Crimson Editor's MDI) any time I try to save any of the other files it prompts a save as box since the temp file is gone (I checked - only one temp file - the one I originally opened.).

Thanks!

toddev

Using edit did the trick!

Anyway I can make double clicking a file default to editing? Thats all I do with my files anyway...

Either way, great program!

Thanks!

-todd

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum