Syntax Highliting

Advertisement

kronos

Syntax Highliting

i know it says in the FAQ that they are no plans for it. But i have a whole team using WinSCP to develop a PHP site. it would be really cool if someone made a plugin or something to color the syntax of php

Is winscp going to ever support it?

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Anonymous wrote:

often, there is the problem, that the editors are not able to save back to the server.
What problems? Isn't it better to solve the problem, than to spend months implementing full-features internal editor?

Khaos

How about making internal editor replaceable by using a plugin or something? I believe that very soon we'd have VIM for WinSCP ... I'd prefer integrated solutions instead of nonintegrated, as it's much simpler to use an integrated one on *khm khm* USB sticks ... until then I'll be stuck with unintegrated notepad2 which I'd rather not use...

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Implementing plugin support would be even more difficult than syntax highlighting :-)
Also you would need to have file with plugin and associated configuration. I do not see any advantage for you comparing to an external editor.

Khaos

...apart from mobility on USB stick? :mrgreen:

Just joking. Ummm LoadLibrary()? GetProcAddress()? Allowing a couple of callbacks? Ah nvm, perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about ;)

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Khaos wrote:

Ummm LoadLibrary()? GetProcAddress()? Allowing a couple of callbacks? Ah nvm, perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about ;)
I have not implemeted the internal editor. It is standard Windows editing control. To add plugin support would mean to reimplement it by myself.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum