Topic "WinSCP Scheduled Task Only Works when RDP is Connected"

mrichman
[View user's profile]

I have a console app (VB.NET) very similar to the example code presented on this site. When run interactively, it can upload/download via SFTP without issues. When run via a Scheduled Task, it runs silently without issues. However, when my RDP session to the server disconnects, the Scheduled Task runs, but WinSCP fails with error messages like this:

Code:
The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed. Log file C:\Documents and Settings\MyServiceAccountName\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml does not exist.

Other times, the WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com processes stay running and idle until I kill them.

Is there something special about running WinSCP from a console app running as a scheduled task that would cause this type of behavior?

Thanks,
Mark
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I have sent you an email.

prikryl wrote:
I have sent you an email.

I have the below issue while running through .net on 2003 server. please advise.

The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed.Could not find the file C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
seyed wrote:
I have the below issue while running through .net on 2003 server. please advise.

The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed.Could not find the file C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml

How do you run WinSCP? Can you provide more details?

we are using vb.net program to do the transmission.

I can able to connect the SFTP server and transmit the file. but finally i'm receiving this error.

please help me!!!

prikryl wrote:
seyed wrote:

How do you run WinSCP? Can you provide more details?
tsantony
[View user's profile]
Donor
Hi,

did you resolved this case? if yes can you please share the solution?

we are also facing the same issue and we are using windows 2003 and vb.net

mrichman wrote:
I have a console app (VB.NET) very similar to the example code presented on this site. When run interactively, it can upload/download via SFTP without issues. When run via a Scheduled Task, it runs silently without issues. However, when my RDP session to the server disconnects, the Scheduled Task runs, but WinSCP fails with error messages like this:

Code:
The WinSCP executable appears to have crashed. Log file C:\Documents and Settings\MyServiceAccountName\Local Settings\Temp\tmp112F.xml does not exist.

Other times, the WinSCP.exe and WinSCP.com processes stay running and idle until I kill them.

Is there something special about running WinSCP from a console app running as a scheduled task that would cause this type of behavior?

Thanks,
Mark
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
I would like to help both of you, but you need to provide some details. Please share your code/commandline you use to run WinSCP. Share any logs (set Session.DebugLogPath).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License