Error 3 - can't copy files win 7 to ipad!! pls help

Advertisement

johnnyuk

Error 3 - can't copy files win 7 to ipad!! pls help

Hi all, Appoligies in advance but newbie here!

I have Win SCP vsn 5-beta
IPAD 1 on 4.3.5 - jailbroken

Connected WINSCP to ipad with SFTP - no probs
copied files from ipad to pc - again nil issues

Then, when trying the reverse process, copying files from pc to ipad i get the following error message:

System Error. Code: 3.
The system cannot find the path specified

I have run the program as administrator, and the folder is set for share: read/write everyone

I do not have this issue whilst using my macbook and cyberduck - but just really confused :!:

what am i doing wrong

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Error 3 - can't copy files win 7 to ipad!! pls help

Can you try the latest stable release WinSCP 4.3.4? Please let me know if it helps.

caio

feedback

Had that problem too. I had 4.3.4 installed and working, upgraded to 5 beta and got that same error, went back to 4.3.4 and got it working again.

My system:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bits
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33Hz
2GB Ram

Oh! Btw... WinSCP keeps loosing connection to any ftp server. Tested with other ftp clients and connection did not drop.

RobHam

Re: feedback

caio wrote:

Oh! Btw... WinSCP keeps loosing connection to any ftp server. Tested with other ftp clients and connection did not drop.

Most ftp client programs have an option to 'Keep the ftp connection live', needed by some servers during idle trafic periods, the ftp client will send NOOP commands at intervals, sometimes the time interval between sending the NOOP comands is configurable.

Suggest that you could request this feature (assuming that it is missing) as a future enhancement to Winscp when connected using ftp client mode.

RobHam

Re: feedback

RobHam wrote:

caio wrote:

Most ftp client programs have an option to 'Keep the ftp connection live', needed by some servers during idle trafic periods, the ftp client will send NOOP commands at intervals, sometimes the time interval between sending the NOOP comands is configurable.

Suggest that you could request this feature (assuming that it is missing) as a future enhancement to Winscp when connected using ftp client mode.

Suggest that you enable logging and then post the relevant part of the log that shows the lost connection.

Advertisement

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum