Winscp with Database

Advertisement

raghavendraselvan.sk

Winscp with Database

Hi,

I need to connect to sql server database from winscp.com , is there a way . I could find call statement is present. But i dont know how to connect to database to get some information from tables .

actaually i am getting information from text file .

open user:password@example.com
cd home/asuser
get *.txt D:\max\

Instead of getting info from file , i am planning to store these info in sql server tables and get the info from tables to this winscp.com.

please let me know if you find any way along with the example

Thanks
Raghav

Reply with quote E-mail

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Winscp with Database

You can possibly use command-line client on the database of the server-side. But this is completely out of topic of this forum.

Freitag
Freitag avatar

Re: but can i know how?

goku wrote:

but can i know how?

It entirely depends on the database engine. I only know of one database that provides this type of interface. HP Nonstop (formery Tandem) provides a way to use FTP to log in and use the "get" command against a stored procedure name. It executes the stored procedure and then provides the results in a CSV format as if you had started a normal file download transfer.

From the client end it is identical to standard FTP - so if your database engine provies this as an interface it ought to 'just work'. For me teh HP Nonstop worked great but ymmv.

goku

nope, by the way, i plan to create a website.
inside the website, i set a ID n PW.

to check the correct id n pw, i need to connect to mysql to do so. but i got no idea to connect to mysql with winscp.

anyone of you know how to connect to mysql database with winscp? so i can check my id password that already keep inside the database.

thank you.

Advertisement

Freitag
Freitag avatar

goku wrote:

nope, by the way, i plan to create a website.
inside the website, i set a ID n PW.

to check the correct id n pw, i need to connect to mysql to do so. but i got no idea to connect to mysql with winscp.

anyone of you know how to connect to mysql database with winscp? so i can check my id password that already keep inside the database.

thank you.

OK, you are talking two differnt things here. WinSCP connects to server software and a website is application software.

This of this forum site. Only Martin has access to the files that make up this website and he might use WinSCP to manage those files. But we all have IDs inside the web applicaiton (forum) and we log in with that. Applicaiton access and file access are two different animals.

Now if you are looking for how a website might handle file upload and download, check how phpBB does it. The user ID that owns the phpBB application has permission to upload files. And as a user uploads a file through the phpBB software it is tracked so that the unique file name on the server (not the same as the file name the user used for it) is stored in a DB table. When a user wants to download a file, the list of avaialable files is shown to him (pulled from the DB by SQL according to his permissions) and when he clicks the download link a standard file transfer is kicked off in the web server.

phpBB has all the examples in it you might need, but that software is huge and not a good starting place fora rookie. Here is a link (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>) to a set of source code that manages user registration and login. And this link is to a set of source code that lets you do remote file management.

You can also let Apache manage access directly, but it does not typically keep the ID/PW in a database. Instead it uses a config file in a secure (non-remotely accessible - except by WinSCP and owner ID) area. Some quick google searches did find where someone showed how to manage Apache using a MySQL table (<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>), but it is for a very old version of Apache.

I hope I got the point of your question and provided useful feedback.

goku

Freitag wrote:

Here is an open source project that might be what you are looking for almost exactly.

<invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Thank you. i will check this out. =)

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum