Topic "leap year issue"

analog_boy
[View user's profile]

I think the date library winscp is using is broken... Any files/directories I've modified today have generated the error below:

Unexpected directory listing line '-rw-r--r-- 1 clfweb clfweb 276 Feb 29 00:40 .htaccess'.
Invalid argument to date encode

I've tested the theory and it's held true to any file I've modifed.

Thanks
Harlan Iverson
Advertisements
Jim

Same problem here. I upgraded to the latest (3.5.5beta) and still have the same problem -- any file with a date of Feb 29 chokes the directory scan.
analog_boy wrote:
I think the date library winscp is using is broken... Any files/directories I've modified today have generated the error below:

Unexpected directory listing line '-rw-r--r-- 1 clfweb clfweb 276 Feb 29 00:40 .htaccess'.
Aiea

I have encounterd the same problem too. Looking for
a solution...or will everything "return to normal"
on 03/01/04??

Unexpected directory listing line 'drwxr-xr-x 2 bport bport 5120 Feb 29 00:52 area'.

analog_boy wrote:

I've tested the theory and it's held true to any file I've modifed.

Thanks
Harlan Iverson
Hitek
[View user's profile]

I'm seeing the same thing.

I have found a workaround:
in the advanced options, under environment/SCP, checking the "Alias LS to display group name" seems to fix the problem.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Jim wrote:
Same problem here. I upgraded to the latest (3.5.5beta) and still have the same problem -- any file with a date of Feb 29 chokes the directory scan.

It works fine for me, both with SCP and SFTP. However I'm trying it now (1st March). Did the error disappear?
Site Admin
Hitek wrote:
I'm seeing the same thing.

I have found a workaround:
in the advanced options, under environment/SCP, checking the "Alias LS to display group name" seems to fix the problem.

It is completely different error. You probably did not have "group" name in the directory listing.

prikryl wrote:
It is completely different error. You probably did not have "group" name in the directory listing.

Regardless of whether it is a completely different problem or not, it worked for me. At 10pm Feb28th my time (12am Feb29th server time) I started getting the set date error on both my servers. I changed the option in WinSCP, and the error went away, on both servers. That's why I called it a workaround and not a solution.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
For list of reasons WinSCP cannot parse directory listing and possible resolutions, see documentation.

I'm having the same problem--I've been connected to a remote server, working on it all day. When the server time flipped to February 29th, right at midnight, I was unable to list files in the directory properly. I get this error:

Unexpected directory listing line '-rw------- 1 wx22dt g01 17518 Feb 29 00:18 .sh_history'.

My local time zone is 2 hours behind the server's. I tried another server as well in the same time zone, and I'm getting a similar error. I will post a follow up when we in the mountain time zone flip over also--I'll connect to a local server here.

Looks like the problem wasn't a WinSCP bug but a linux bug itself--the support forum for the server announced a patch on the leap year issue.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License