Topic "Synchronising across multiple remote pcs"

[View user's profile]

I am trying to keep one folder synchronised across 3 different computers with cloud storage being the 'master' storage. It all works fine with 'synchronize both' until a file is deleted from one of the pcs - and then it gets replaced on the next synchronisation. I know now that that is how 'synchronize both' works but how can I set it up so that deletions are also synchronised? I am running this via a script.

The way it works is as follows: -

PC1 --> synchronize both to cloud storage
PC2 --> synchronize both to cloud storage
PC3 --> synchronize both to cloud storage

I can't use keepuptodate because that doesn't download files back from the remote cloud storage. Any of the 3 PCs can make changes and they all need to see all the files.

I wondered if the only way was to run a 'synchronize local -delete' followed by a 'synchronize remote -delete' on each PC but this seems very complicated. Any suggestions?

[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Sorry, but just cannot do what you want to do with WinSCP.
'synchronize local -delete' followed by a 'synchronize remote -delete' won't work either. There won't be anything to delete by the latter command after the first finishes.
Martin Prikryl

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License