Topic "newbie: trouble connecting to host"

sherribear

I've been using WinSCP for over 2 months now, and no problems. Tonight, when I tryed to login, it told me that it can't connect to the host, but it had already connected to the host, it just doesn't authenticate. It brings up a box that asks me to retry connecting to the host. Then, if I click "Abort" this is the message it gives me:
"Authentication failed.
<<More
Authentication log (see session log for details):Using Username: "sherri".
Terminated by user.

Any ideas?! Confused
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Please post a log file. Also try other SSH/SFTP/SCP client to check if it is error in WinSCP our problem with your account. Ask your server administrator as well.

prikryl wrote:
Please post a log file. Also try other SSH/SFTP/SCP client to check if it is error in WinSCP our problem with your account. Ask your server administrator as well.

How do I get to the log file?! I'm really new at this stuff. I asked my admin too, and he can get in, I just can't. I've uninstalled, and re-downloaded the program, and reinstalled, and I'm still having no luck.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
sherribear wrote:
How do I get to the log file?! I'm really new at this stuff.

See "Logging" tab of login dialog.

Quote:
I asked my admin too, and he can get in, I just can't.

Ask him to check server's log to see reason of your problems. It may be wrong password, disabled account or even bug in WinSCP.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License