Nasty bug in editor goto line feature v5.0.7 beta

Advertisement

fred12356

Nasty bug in editor goto line feature v5.0.7 beta

There is one nasty bug that hopefully gets fixed in the next version. When I open a text file using the default editor and try goto some line number WinSCP freezes up completely and the only way to get it working is to completely shut the winscp process down in Windows task manager. This is obviously a significant inconvenience when you have several tabs and putty consoles opened and various things going on.

Advertisement

RobHam

Internal v5.0.7 editor lock up when selecting change font

I can also confirm this go to line number bug with the internal v5.0.7 editor.

On a similar subject I found the other day another bug which will lock up the v5.0.7 editor, apologies for not posting it earlier.

1. Open the internal text editor
2. Click the preferences button on the 'text editor tool bar'
3. In the internal editor section, Click 'select font'

The editor will now be locked up, only recoverable using the task manager recovery method.

A possible fix for this - perhaps there is no need to have access to the system wide preferences button on the text editor tool bar (unless others know differently) hence suggest it be removed and the bug will be fixed.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Nasty bug in editor goto line feature v5.0.7 beta

fred12356 wrote:

There is one nasty bug that hopefully gets fixed in the next version. When I open a text file using the default editor and try goto some line number WinSCP freezes up completely and the only way to get it working is to completely shut the winscp process down in Windows task manager. This is obviously a significant inconvenience when you have several tabs and putty consoles opened and various things going on.
Thanks for your report.

This bug has been added to the tracker:
https://winscp.net/tracker/878

Note that it hangs only when you have WinSCP on secondary monitor.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Internal v5.0.7 editor lock up when selecting change font

RobHam wrote:

I can also confirm this go to line number bug with the internal v5.0.7 editor.

On a similar subject I found the other day another bug which will lock up the v5.0.7 editor, apologies for not posting it earlier. ...
I have sent you an email.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum