Topic "get file path on remote server"

ypasqua

i want to be able to quickly copy the path of a selected file on the remote server i'm connecting to. when i right click on a file and select "proerties" the "location" field has exactly what i want, but it doesn't seem possible to copy the data in that field at all.

i tried creating a custom command that will return the pwd of the file. i created a command called "pwd" with the value "pwd" that seems to do something, but it doesn't return anything to me.

any adive? thanks lots in advance!
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Since 3.5.5 there are commands "Copy to Clipboard" and "Copy to Clipboard (Include Paths)" in "File names" submenu in "File(s)" menu.

The new functions copy name and or path of remote server to clipboard (V.3.5.6) copy that with a CRLF at the end.
That prevents using the clipboard in a command-line, because by pasting it as a parameter the command will be executed at once.
(Ex. "cp name_in_clipboard newname" is not possible)
Remove the CRLF at the end.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
billy wrote:
The new functions copy name and or path of remote server to clipboard (V.3.5.6) copy that with a CRLF at the end.
That prevents using the clipboard in a command-line, because by pasting it as a parameter the command will be executed at once.
(Ex. "cp name_in_clipboard newname" is not possible)
Remove the CRLF at the end.

I know this already. It will be fixed in the next release.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License