Topic "WinSCP 5.x | turn off feature that 'remembers' last folder"

cooch17
[View user's profile]

With the recent upgrade from 4.x to 5.x, one aspect of the WinSCP behaviour has changed that I'd like to 'change back'. Namely, when I now try to connect to a saved session/profile, WinSCP takes me to the last subdirectory was in that last time I connected to that site. I don't want tit to do this.

For example, suppose I have the following directory structure:

A - B
C
D - E
F
G

I want to *always* connect to the root directory (A). This is what happened with WinSCP 4.x. With 5.x, it seems to store information on what directory I was in on my last connection, and takes me there on the next connection. So, suppose I connect, navigate to subdirectory E, do a file transfer, then log out. Next time I connect, WinSCP takes me right back to subdirectory E. I don't want that - I want it to always keep me at root level directory A on any new connection.

Any way I can change WinSCP to do this?

Thanks!
Advertisements
marena22

Session options / Directories / Remember last used directory
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_login_directories?ver=5.1
cooch17
[View user's profile]

marena22 wrote:
Session options / Directories / Remember last used directory
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_login_directories?ver=5.1

Thanks - I did just discover that. It either wasn't a feature in 4.x, or wasn't turned on by default.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
cooch17 wrote:
Thanks - I did just discover that. It either wasn't a feature in 4.x, or wasn't turned on by default.

The option is there since WinSCP 2.0, but is was off by default.

Changing now from an old WinSCP version, all the different profiles are with this option activated.... when in the old version was deactivated Sad
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
iZueL wrote:
Changing now from an old WinSCP version, all the different profiles are with this option activated.... when in the old version was deactivated Sad

Yes that's true. Unfortunately, there's no way atm to modify an option for all sessions at once. You have to disable it one-by-one or edit the configuration manually (in registry or INI file, set UpdateDirectories=0).
Site Admin
prikryl wrote:
iZueL wrote:

Yes that's true. Unfortunately, there's no way atm to modify an option for all sessions at once. You have to disable it one-by-one or edit the configuration manually (in registry or INI file, set UpdateDirectories=0).

This request has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=1236
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License