Topic "Drag n Drop on Network Drive"

MaGa Deutschland
[View user's profile]

Hello,

i used often Drag n Drop operations with WinSCP. In Version 5.0.8 on Networkdrives delete Winscp only the file. the file dont arrived in new (Sub)folder.
Advertisements
Fishnet_Ian

Hi,

WinSCP version: 5.1.0 (Build 2625)

If I drag and drop from remote system to ROOT of a network drive (Win 2008 R2 server) everything is fine.

If I try the same but to any sub folder e.g. q:\test WinSCP hangs for around four minutes before showing the copy dialog.

Local system is Win 7, remote system CentOS 5.8.

I have attached a log (Debug Level 2) for the time (although there is not much in it apart from a gap in activity)

Regards

Ian
--
winscp.log (2.16 KB) [Download]

Description: Log file generated at time of problem

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
MaGa Deutschland wrote:
i used often Drag n Drop operations with WinSCP. In Version 5.0.8 on Networkdrives delete Winscp only the file. the file dont arrived in new (Sub)folder.

Sorry, I do not understand, what is the problem. Can you please try again?
Site Admin
Fishnet_Ian wrote:

If I drag and drop from remote system to ROOT of a network drive (Win 2008 R2 server) everything is fine.

If I try the same but to any sub folder e.g. q:\test WinSCP hangs for around four minutes before showing the copy dialog.

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

You fixed the problem with 911, Version 5.1
fishnet_ian
[View user's profile]

prikryl wrote:
Fishnet_Ian wrote:

Can you send me an email, so I can send you back a debug version of WinSCP to track the problem? Please include link back to this topic in your email. Also note in this topic that you have sent the email. Thanks.

You will find my address (if you log in) in my forum profile.

Hi,

I've sent you an email.

Regards

Ian
--

I have this same exact problem, even with the latest version installed 5.1.

This is happening on Windows 7 x64 SP1 on three different systems I have.

I'm able to reproduce the issue by trying to drag and drop a file from FTP using Implicit SSL server and dragging into a mapped drive that is at least 3 folders deep. This is a new problem this week, the only change I can think of is that we recently moved the file share they're copying to from Server 2003 to Server 2008 R2. I have verified that the permissions on the share are correct.

You know the problem has occurred right away when you drag and drop you never get the copy dialog box and the application completely freezes. Drag and drop to a local folder works fine.

Can you please assist?
techsupport2012
[View user's profile]

My post is the previous one, for some reason I was not logged in.

I have this same exact problem, even with the latest version installed 5.1.

This is happening on Windows 7 x64 SP1 on three different systems I have.

I'm able to reproduce the issue by trying to drag and drop a file from FTP using Implicit SSL server and dragging into a mapped drive that is at least 3 folders deep. This is a new problem this week, the only change I can think of is that we recently moved the file share they're copying to from Server 2003 to Server 2008 R2. I have verified that the permissions on the share are correct.

You know the problem has occurred right away when you drag and drop you never get the copy dialog box and the application completely freezes. Drag and drop to a local folder works fine.

Can you please assist?
techsupport2012
[View user's profile]

BTW, for now asking the users to right click and copy instead of drag & drop seems to be a workaround.
techsupport2012
[View user's profile]

The versions I have found this issue with is 4.3.5, 4.3.7 and 5.1. Anyone have an update for this issue?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
techsupport2012 wrote:
The versions I have found this issue with is 4.3.5, 4.3.7 and 5.1. Anyone have an update for this issue?

Thanks for your report.
I have sent you an email with a debug version of WinSCP to address you have used to register on this forum.
Site Admin
This bug has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=915
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License