Topic "Command history for every session"

ks
[View user's profile]
Donor
Hello.
WinSCP stores one common Command history for all sessions (in registry). But a command executed in one session most often doesn't make sense in another session (on a different server with a different directory structure). Can every session have its own Command history?
Probably it should be controlled by an option. I'm not sure what others want in this respect.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your suggestion.

This request has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=946
ks
[View user's profile]
Donor
Thank you.

That will not be difficult to implement, except maybe the migration point when WinSCP is updated, in which case I guess it makes sense for every existing session to simply inherit the common history, which will provide the usual behavior, for a while, and then every session will start developing its own history, gradually replacing the common inherited part.

By inheriting the common history I mean make a copy of it to every session's registry branch, or - as in that case the total registry data size might turn out to be too big - the data can be moved to a dedicated file as well. Even if the file is lost, it's not critical, just a history of commands.

In the case when WinSCP stores its settings in a file already, the solution is analogous.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License