Topic "Setting to NOT remember the syncrhonized browsing setting"

washcp
[View user's profile]

In the older version of WinSCP, the state of the synchronized browsing was never saved for me on exiting. Now with 5.1.1 the state is saved and I do not want it to be on by default. I want it to be OFF. I want to be able to load a session and then turn it on when needed and not have to look and turn it off if I had had it on the last time I used that session. I had hoped that disabling the Remember last used directory would disable the remembering of the synchronized browsing but it doesn't.

How can I either disable the automatic saving of the session settings and only have them updated when I manually save them or else turn off the auto update of the synchronized browsing state?
Advertisements
Jpm

Related to this:
I also want that Under Windows 7/8 the WinSCP.ini be updated.
Currently it is stored under the "Program files\..." and as such cannot be modified unless starting WinSCP with administrator rights.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
washcp wrote:
In the older version of WinSCP, the state of the synchronized browsing was never saved for me on exiting. Now with 5.1.1 the state is saved and I do not want it to be on by default. I want it to be OFF. I want to be able to load a session and then turn it on when needed and not have to look and turn it off if I had had it on the last time I used that session. I had hoped that disabling the Remember last used directory would disable the remembering of the synchronized browsing but it doesn't.

How can I either disable the automatic saving of the session settings and only have them updated when I manually save them or else turn off the auto update of the synchronized browsing state?

Thanks for your post.

This issue has been added to the tracker:
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=963
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Jpm wrote:
Related to this:
I also want that Under Windows 7/8 the WinSCP.ini be updated.
Currently it is stored under the "Program files\..." and as such cannot be modified unless starting WinSCP with administrator rights.

You can set the path to an INI file using /ini command-line switch.
See also
http://winscp.net/tracker/show_bug.cgi?id=817
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License