Topic "BASH error, scp from commandline"

Author Message
Bogey
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2013-01-17
Posts: 3
I am running WinSCP V 5.1.3 on a Windows 7 box.

I am trying to connect to a site which does not allow ftp. All I need to do is copy a single file from here to there. I am using this commandline:

winscp.com scp://myusername:password@theirsite.com:/filedestination /upload filename

I get back this:
Searching for host...
Connecting to host...
Authenticating with pre-entered password.
Authenticated.
Starting the session...
Connection has been unexpectedly closed. Server sent command exit status 1.
Error skipping startup message. Your shell is probably incompatible with the application (BASH is recommended).

Is there some way to set the BASH shell as a commandline option?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24554
Location: Prague, Czechia
Please read documentation:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/rawsettings

If that does not help, come back.
Bogey
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2013-01-17
Posts: 3
prikryl wrote:
Please read documentation:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/rawsettings

If that does not help, come back.


Thank you, I have read the documentation. I guess I should have mentioned that I have already tried every variation of "/shell=/bin/bash" that I can think of.
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24554
Location: Prague, Czechia
Bogey wrote:
Thank you, I have read the documentation. I guess I should have mentioned that I have already tried every variation of "/shell=/bin/bash" that I can think of.

And have you tried the /rawsettings switch as suggested in the article linked above?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Bogey
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2013-01-17
Posts: 3
prikryl wrote:
Bogey wrote:
Thank you, I have read the documentation. I guess I should have mentioned that I have already tried every variation of "/shell=/bin/bash" that I can think of.

And have you tried the /rawsettings switch as suggested in the article linked above?


I couldn't find any clear explanation of what these switches are supposed to do. Thanks for your help, but I am giving up on WinSCP. I have found another application whose instructions are more clear to me, and which does what I need.
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License