Topic "File Dates out by 12 Months !!"

Author Message
cjokrayner
[View user's profile]

Joined: 2004-04-13
Posts: 1
Hi,

I can't work this one out, nor can I find any reference to it on the net.

The problem is this, if I create a file by using touch, or copy it from one folder to another, or even edit it, the date changes from 2004 to 2003. This could just be a little annoying if it wasnt for the fact that WinSCP then decides this is a non file anf wont allow it to be edited. It also effects the programs I am running.

I have checked date hwclock and all appears to be synced.

Has any one got any idea ?? Ill just gently bang my head against the wall wile I wait :(

Christian
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
What protocol do you use SCP or SFTP? If SCP, try SFTP instead.

Also please explain, what you mean be sentence:
Quote:
This could just be a little annoying if it wasnt for the fact that WinSCP then decides this is a non file anf wont allow it to be edited

Does it mean that the file is treated as directory?
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Guest




prikryl wrote:
What protocol do you use SCP or SFTP? If SCP, try SFTP instead.

Also please explain, what you mean be sentence:
Quote:
This could just be a little annoying if it wasn’t for the fact that WinSCP then decides this is a non file anf won’t allow it to be edited

Does it mean that the file is treated as directory?


Mmmm, why do people talk of learning curves when they mean a vertical cliff??

Your question about the directory led me to double check file permissions:- I was using /var/tmp as a temporary location for the files I was working on, this directory has the "sticky bit" which is why I was having the problem with editing < I think >>>.

Question; where do I change from SCP to SFTP, I must have my dark glasses on again because I cant find it.

Many thanks for the help and in anticipation of another answer.

Christian
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Joined: 2002-12-10
Posts: 24512
Location: Prague, Czechia
Quote:
Question; where do I change from SCP to SFTP, I must have my dark glasses on again because I cant find it.

See Session tab of login dialog.
_________________
Martin Prikryl
Advertisements

You can post new topics in this forum






Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License