Topic "resuming partially downloaded files after disconnect"

gues

i'm downloading mandrake 10 isos from a friends machine in a different state. i get cut off and have to restart the download. this will be my 3rd attempt at downloading the iso for cd2.

is there any way to resume a partially downloaded file after being disconnected from the dowload machine?
Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
WinSCP supports transfer resume automatically, but only for SFTP protocol. You are probably using SCP. Switch to SFTP (see Session tab of login dialog).

i am using sftp. how do i resume the file transfer?

prikryl wrote:
WinSCP supports transfer resume automatically, but only for SFTP protocol. You are probably using SCP. Switch to SFTP (see Session tab of login dialog).
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Quote:
i am using sftp. how do i resume the file transfer?

If the transfer is broken, partially uploaded file should remain in target directory with extension .filepart. When you attempt to transfer the same file, WinSCP detects aborted transfer and let's you choose if you want to resume or restart transfer.

Check your preferences if you have transfer resume enabled (Transfer tab of Preferences dialog).

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License