Topic "WinSCP.SessionRemoteException: Timeout waiting for external"

dem60497

I have written a small console application, using the WinSCP .NET library, that downloads files from an SFTP site, unzips them, and uploads the unzipped files to another FTP site. Some of these files are sizable, ranging up to 2.5 GB uncompressed (obviously, it would be more efficient to send the files and then decompress them, but this is not an option, as I have no access to the box they're going to).

I have successfully tested the application excluding the largest file, but when I include the largest file, my application throws the following error:

Code:
ERROR02:52:54 Exception in ftpOperation():
 WinSCP.SessionRemoteException: Error transferring file 'E:\FTPRoot\TestApp\Unzipped\g0067905\g0067905.inf'. ---> WinSCP.SessionRemoteException: Timeout waiting for external console to complete the command.
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at WinSCP.OperationResultBase.Check()
   at TestApp.Module1.ftpOperation(String operationType)

I have read about the error, but I'm unsure how to solve it. From what I understand, winscp.com is feeding its output into a stream, causing my application to eventually hang when it doesn't receive input for quite some time.

Here is my class, if it helps at all: <invalid hyperlink removed by admin>

Thanks for your help!
dem60497

Additional Info: I re-ran the process this morning and it completed successfully, even with the large file. Perhaps the issue was network-related and unrelated to the large file that I included on the first failed run?
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
dem60497 wrote:
Additional Info: I re-ran the process this morning and it completed successfully, even with the large file. Perhaps the issue was network-related and unrelated to the large file that I included on the first failed run?

Let us know if you are ever able to reproduce the problem.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License