Topic "Suggestion regarding the display of the uploaded files"

oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Hello !

I have a suggestion, about those times when we select a group of files from a directory and upload them to a remove directory.

At the present time WinSCP shows us, in the list of the uploads, the name of that directory, simply.

What would be better, in my own personal opinion, would be to have WinSCP tell us, in detail, the list of every file that was uploaded. That's an information we may remember in the very short term, but after some time passes, we may have doubts regarding the nature of what has been uploaded, or not...

I photoshopped it, to make it more visual (a first version of my post, with external links to image hosts, was rejected), cf the attached pieces Smile

Is there a chance this could be taken into consideration ?

Thank you, and have a good day,
Oliver
winscp-2.jpg (258.71 KB) [Download]

Description: (none)

winscp-1.jpg (248.51 KB) [Download]

Advertisements
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Thanks for your suggestion.

Though, this is what you get, when you check Transfer each file individually (it appears only after you check Transfer on background) on Transfer Options Dialog:
http://winscp.net/eng/docs/ui_copy
oliverfr
[View user's profile]

Aaaaargh, I'm getting lost Embarassed

Apparently, in my options, transfer in background is checked (otherwise I wouldn't be able to do anything in my session, and there'd be a big transfer window staying on top until the transfer is done, right), but "transfer each file individually" is NOT checked, though. (I unchecked it following this discussion : http://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47230#47230 )

Cf this screenshot from my program's options window, I didn't change anything since the creation of the present thread :
winscp.jpg (139.2 KB) [Download]

martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
oliverfr wrote:
Apparently, in my options, transfer in background is checked (otherwise I wouldn't be able to do anything in my session, and there'd be a big transfer window staying on top until the transfer is done, right), but "transfer each file individually" is NOT checked, though.

I've meant that you would get the behaviour you ask for, had you checked the option. What you did not.

Quote:
(I unchecked it following this discussion : http://winscp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=47230#47230 )

Well, you cannot have both atm.

Oh, so it's not possible to have, simultaneously :

- an item-by-item list of every file that we uploaded

- "append/skip/overwrite" bulk confirmations

I hope it's doable to, some day, have both, because both options are extremely useful... Could that be made into a development suggestion ? Smile
martin
[View user's profile]
Site Admin
Will definitely consider this.

You can post new topics in this forum

Search Site

What is WinSCP?

It is award-winning SFTP client, SCP client, FTPS client and FTP client integrated into one software program for file transfer to FTP server or secure SFTP server. [More]

And it's free!

Donate

About donations

$9   $19   $49   $99

About donations

Recommend

WinSCP Privacy Policy

WinSCP License