Keepalives is off-inactivity timeout not working

Advertisement

Keepalives is off-inactivity timeout not working

WinSCP 3.5.6 build 213.

Inactivity timeouts not happening despite being set to 10 minutes on server and Keepalives set to Off on WinSCP client. Any settings on the WinSCP client that might cause this?

Thank you.

Advertisement

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Re: Keepalives is off-inactivity timeout not working

Do you mean keealives sent from the server to client? I fear thay are not implemented in WinSCP yet.

WinSCP supports only keepalives sent from client to server.

martin wrote:

Do you mean keealives sent from the server to client? I fear thay are not implemented in WinSCP yet.

WinSCP supports only keepalives sent from client to server.

Keepalives is set to off on the winscp client. Other clients that connect to this server get disconnected after 10 minutes of inactivity, which is what is supposed to happen. When I connect from winscp with the keepalive setting off in the client, I am not booted after 10 minutes of inactivity. I am wondering if there are any other settings within the winscp client that may be affecting the inactivity timeout that is set on the server. Or, if I can set the client to disconnect after an inactivity period.

thanks.

martin
Site Admin
martin avatar

Keepalives is set to off on the winscp client. Other clients that connect to this server get disconnected after 10 minutes of inactivity, which is what is supposed to happen. When I connect from winscp with the keepalive setting off in the client, I am not booted after 10 minutes of inactivity.
Check the WinSCP log to see is it sending something to the server in regular intervals.

Also note that due to synchronous nature of the SCP/SFTP protocol, WinSCP does not notice that it was disconnected. You need to perform some action (like attempt to copy file) for it to detect that connection was lost.

Advertisement

You can post new topics in this forum